The teacher’s guide contains planning and support materials for use with Meadow United.
Learning and teaching materials are provided for each chapter.
- Learning intentions or objectives
- Key questions relating to the text
- Experiences and outcomes
- Tasks and activities to promote reading comprehension
- Extension activities linked to other curricular areas
- Opportunities for assessmentFor each chapter there are key questions relating to the text.
The questions require children to apply a range of comprehension strategies and higher order thinking skills. There are also frequent opportunities for children to visualise ideas about the text through the use of graphic organisers and charts. Key vocabulary in each chapter is highlighted.
Activities that promote discussion and collaborative work are used frequently throughout the book, for example, hot seating, conscience alley and debating. Opportunities for co-operative learning are also suggested.